- (1) 750 mL bottle red wine (pick your fave; I used Pinot Noir)
- 1 cup apple cider (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- honey or maple syrup to sweeten as desired (I used maple syrup)
- optional: a little pinch of nutmeg, extra cinnamon stick(s) for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and gently stir.
Be sure the wine does not come to a boil.
3. Strain wine or remove with a ladle. Serve in heatproof glasses or mugs.
4. Optional: Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or remaining orange slices.